This simple recipe is a keeper. My whole family loved it and there are not a lot of creepy ingredients in it so it is safer for the little one.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups low fat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a saucepan over medium heat, whisk together the sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and salt. Gradually whisk in the milk. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. The milk will foam and thicken slightly.
- 2. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla.
- 3. Pour into individual serving bowls, and chill at least 30 minutes.
- Note: To prevent a skin from forming place parchment paper or plastic wrap directly on top of the pudding so it is touching the surface.