Recently I attended an event that focused on the benefits and options you have for banking your child’s cord blood.
“Choosing to bank your baby’s cord blood stem cells is a very important decision. For some it’s a way of helping their children be prepared while, for others, the decision brought medical options and hope.Choosing to bank your baby’s cord blood stem cells is a very important decision. For some it’s a way of helping their children be prepared while, for others, the decision brought medical options and hope.”
Information that was the most valuable to me as a mom:
- CBR has the highest average published cell recovery rate in the industry – 99% – allowing it to capture 20% more of the most important cells than other common processing methods.
- CBR is the first and only family newborn stem cell bank to help establish FDA-regulated clinical trials using cord blood stem cells in regenerative medicine.
- Families have the option of storing a section of the umbilical cord as well, which is rich in different kinds of stem cells than those found in the cord blood itself.
- On average, the transport time for stem cells from the hospital to CBR’s lab is less than one day: 19 hours.
- Cord blood is used today to treat many life-threatening diseases including leukemia, certain other cancers, and blood, immune, and metabolic disorders. Your baby’s cord blood could be a valuable medical resource for your family.
I personally was thinking about banking but as a first time mom I never followed up on it nor did my doctor recommend it to me. I happened to come across a pamphlet about it that was mixed in with other pamphlets that the doctor had given me. I wish he would have because it is very important after seeing and hearing about the benefits.
I believe that more parents should be educated on the option of banking their child’s cord blood. At this event I learned so much about the process and benefits. Peyton Connelly’s story was very heart warming and I wish her continued success in life. When you get a chance watch the video above.
“I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for the Cord Blood Registry. I received promotional item to thank me for my participation.”