Have you heard of these? They’re so cute.
You bake a cake and decorate it. Instead of having it to serve at a birthday party, you give it to the birthday child and the kid smashes it. That’s what babies are pretty much going to do anyway, so this is an awesome way to allow that to happen.
- Heat oven to 350°F. (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Grease with shortening or cooking spray bottom only of 1 (6-inch) round cake pan and place paper baking cups in 16 regular-size muffin cups.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, bananas, oil, water and eggs with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally until smooth. Place 1 3/4 cups batter in 6-inch round pan. Spoon remaining batter into 16 lined muffin cups. Bake round cake 35 to 40 minutes and cupcakes for 18 to 23 minutes or until toothpick inserted in cake comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- In small bowl, beat cream cheese and yogurt on medium speed with electric mixer until creamy and smooth. Stir in the food color until mixture is desired color.
- To frost and decorate cake, slice 6-inch round cake horizontally to remove rounded top. Place cake cut side down on plate. Frost top and sides with cream cheese frosting. Place 2 rows of cereal around the bottom edge of side of cake. Place 1 row of cereal around top edge of cake. In top center of cake, arrange cereal to form the number one.
- Use remaining frosting to frost cupcakes. Top with cereal to decorate, if desired. Store cake and cupcakes in refrigerator.