What a great idea! I love the fact that its not complicated. And it comes out superb! Thanks Jillee @ One Good Thing!
1 1/2 cups short grain brown rice
2 1/2 cups water
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon kosher salt
2 teaspoons garlic powder (or more if you love garlic like I do)
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Place the olive oil, salt,and garlic powder into an 8-inch square glass baking dish. (I doubled the recipe this week, so I used a bigger, disposable pan for convenience.)
3. Bring the water to a boil in a kettle or covered saucepan (I microwave the water)
4. Once the water boils, pour it carefully into the baking dish over the oil, salt, and garlic powder. Stir to combine.
5. Add rice to baking dish, stir to combine again.
6. Cover the dish tightly with heavy-duty aluminum foil.
7. Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 1 hour.
8. After 1 hour, remove cover and fluff the rice with a fork. Serve immediately.
You can find the original recipe I started with from Alton Brown here.