Vanilla Bean Honey Butter Sweet Potatoes [yields 4c mashed, serves 4+]
- 8c cubed sweet potato [~3/4” cubes]
- 3/4c – 1c unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3c walnuts, chopped
- 1 vanilla bean pod
- 1-2t sucanat
- 1.5T butter, melted
- 1/4t salt
- honey to top [~1T]
- Wash, peel + cube your sweet potatoes, into about 3/4” cubes.
- Steam your sweet potatoes until fork tender, about 10-12min.
- While cooking, slice your vanilla bean pod down the center and scrape all of the beans out.
- Mash the potatoes any way you like. I prefer a handheld mixer, for a creamy whipped texture.
- Slowly add the milk, until the consistency you’re looking for has been met.
- Whip in the vanilla beans + salt, until combined..
- Place in an oven safe baking dish, dust the top with sucanat, and broil until golden brown. Broiling time will vary, but it took me about 8min. Check often to prevent burning.
- Top with melted butter, chopped walnuts, and an all over drizzle of honey.
I just made them and there were yummy! Gave the mashed sweet potatoes a nice little twist.